We have selected the very best, internationally distinguished speakers to cover this field. Topics include PIDs with a well-known increased risk of malignancy.
Issues regarding pathogenesis, diagnosis, treatment and screening will be approached from different viewpoints.
We have included the ESID “classics” such as “Meet the Expert” sessions to update you with the newest findings in PID. The educational program will as usual be organised on the first day and throughout the Meeting education will be a priority.
Have a look at the programme timetable to get an idea of the exciting sessions you can expect in Brussels.
*The programme is subject to change
** For better view of the programme at a glance use the zoom option in the pdf
MUTATIONS, AUTOIMMUNITY AND LYMPHOID CANCER. Christopher Goodnow (Australia)
MALIGNANCY IN PID: BASIS AND INCIDENCE
- INCREASED RISK OF MALIGNANCY IN PID: SETTING THE SCENE. Markus Seidel (Austria)
- INCREASED RISK OF LYMPHOMA IN CTLA4 AND LRBA DEFICIENCY. Bodo Grimbacher (Germany)
- INCIDENCE OF MALIGNANCY IN CVID. Isabella Quinti (Italy)
- LYMPHOMA AND LYMPHOPROLIFERATION UNDER THE MICROSCOPE: THE THIN LINE. Christopher Bacon (UK)
GENES IN CANCER AND PID
- IKAROS IN PID: A DIVERSE FIELD. Sergio D. Rosenzweig (USA)
- IKAROS IN LEUKEMIA. Geertruy te Kronnie (Italy)
- PI3K IN CANCER
- JAK-STAT PATHWAY: TRIUMPHS AND PIFTALLS OF BIOLOGICALS. Steven Holland (USA)
ATM AND BEYOND
- MOLECULAR MECHANISMS: ROLE OF ATM IN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM
- CANCER IN AT: DATA FROM THE FRENCH NATIONAL REGISTRY
- MULTIDISCIPLINARY TREATMENT IN AT. Jan Loeffen (The Netherlands)
- OFF-TARGET EFFECTS OF NEW CANCER TREATMENT STRATEGIES
EBV, PID AND MALIGNANCY
- IMMUNITY AGAINST EBV: GENERAL OVERVIEW. Stuart Tangye (Australia)
- INBORN ERRORS OF IMMUNITY TO EBV. Sylvain Latour (France)
- EBV AND ONCOGENESIS: GENERAL OVERVIEW. (INCL NASOPHARYNGEAL CARCINOMA, BURKITT LYMPHOMA)
- CARMIL2 DEFICIENCY AND EBV INDUCED MALIGNANCY. Fabian Hauck (Germany)
REPAIR AND SURVEILLANCE
- DNA REPAIR MECHANISMS: NHEJ DEFECTS, PID AND MALIGNANCY
- CGAS: A CELL-INTRINSIC IMMUNE SURVEILLANCE MECHANISM?
- ONE TUMOR ONE PID? Alain Fischer (France)
CANCER AND IMMUNITY: SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST
- CAR T CELLS: GIANTS AGAINST CANCER
- TARGETED TREATMENT FOR CANCER: EXPLOITING THE IMMUNE SYSTEM TO TREAT CANCER
- INBORN ERRORS OF IMMUNITY AGAINST ONCOGENIC VIRUSES. Jean-Laurent Casanova (USA)
- DNA Repair Disorders
- Lymphoproliferation and Lymphoma: The Thin Line. Flashes
- DNA Repair and Breakage Disorders
- LCH And Cutaneous T Cell Lymphoma
- MDS and BMF Syndromes
- Other Viruses and Mechanisms Involved in Malignancy and PID
MTE – MEET THE EXPERT SESSIONS
- Pattern Recognition in PID
- Newborn Screening -Managing the Results
- How to Investigate and Treat the Adult with Antibody Deficiency?
- Malignancy in WAS
- Secondary Malignancies After Cancer Treatment
- Investigating and Managing Neutropenia and Bone Marrow Failure
- Who and When to Transplant? Secondary Cancer Post HSCT for PID
WORKING PARTY SESSIONS
- WP – Clinical
- WP – Genetics
- WP – Registry
- WP – Junior
- WP – PID care in development
- WP – Inborn Errors
The first day of the meeting will be dedicated to our highly acclaimed educational programme with further sessions throughout the meeting with world-class teachers bringing high quality educational lectures and interactive sessions which will be of great benefit to students, trainees and established clinicians and scientists with practical and relevant up-date current insights into pathogenesis, recognition and management of immune disorders.